I am a communications consultant based in Brooklyn, NY. Although born and raised in Queens, I spent most of my adult years (over 20 of them) in Portland, Oregon before returning to New York in 2012.
I focus my time and skills on grassroots social justice groups organizing for racial and economic justice. Thanks to the Internet, I can work closely with grassroots organizations in Oregon, New York, Texas, or anywhere in between.
Questions I help my clients answer:
- Why don’t people respond to our materials like I wish they would?
- What story should we be telling about our issue?
- How does ___ work? (mass email services, Google Analytics, WordPress, Drupal, Twitter)
- How can I tell if my communications are working?
My services include:
- Writing and editing
- WordPress website development
- Managing communications projects involving multiple contractors
- Communications strategy, including audience identification, web strategy, and narrative strategy (what story should you be telling?)